German property, Ankara, TurkeyBuilding project: German property in Ankara
Client: Federal Office for Building & Regional Planning (BBR)
- Evaluating the resistance to earthquakes of buildings on Foreign Office property in consideration of the current Eurocodes and Turkish standards
- All buildings are brickwork structures, have 2-3 storeys and a cellar. The majority of the buildings were built in the 1930s with a small proportion of them built in the 1980s. The roof timbering features a truss frame design.
- Carrying out multimodal response spectrum analysis
- Verifying the structural safety of the brick walls in accordance with EC5 and Germany's own national standards
- Intensive comparison research between the Turkish earthquake standards and EC8, part 1 and 3